Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Corn Tortillas

Today I also made chicken enchiladas.  Everyone knows how to make enchiladas but here is what I want to share with you....

Mission Yellow Corn Tortillas Ingredients;
Ground corn treated with lime, water, cwllolose gum, propionic acid, benzonic acid, phosphoric acid, dextrose, guar gum and amylase.

Homemade corn tortillas Ingredients;
Corn Masa (White cooked corn, water and lime) and water.

I am not great at making tortillas and they are almost never round but if you are using them for enchiladas who is really going to see the shape and today I layered my enchiladas and pretty much cut them in to squares.  Its fun and William enjoyed helping.  I will be buying a tortilla press soon!


2 cups of instant corn masa
Dash of salt
1 1/8 cups of water
Mix together
Roll in to balls
Put between wax paper or plastic bags coated with flour
Use a rolling pin or glass to roll them out
Put on a medium heated grill or pan
Flip when they are lightly browned
When both sides are lightly browned they are done






 
 









My chicken came out great today.  Lots of onions, some peppers from the garden and a can of roasted diced tomatoes.   Next time I make enchiladas I will use a "clean" sauce.




Until Next Time....
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment