Thursday, July 28, 2011

BLACK BEAN FUDGE CAKE

My Grain Girl friend Amy (check her out.....GrainGirls.blogspot.com) told me about this cake that she got from Clean Eating and like all of you I had my reservations but, its AWESOME!!!  And if you don't trust me check with William.  A 7 year old would not lie about chocolate cake!


Olive oil cooking spray
1 oz dark organic chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
1 1/2 cups of soft cooked black beans (I used one can)
2 eggs
1 egg white
2 TBSP olive oil
1/4 heaped cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup of raw organic honey
1/4 to 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts, chopped


Preheat oven to 350 and mist an 8 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.  Melt dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat with 1tbsp water mixed in. Combine melted chocolate, beans, eggs, egg whites, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, applesauce, and honey in a food processor, process until smooth.  Stir in walnuts and pour mixture into baking dish.    Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the sides.  Garnish with Greek-style yogurt.


You know me I had to make a few changes, Jeff and William are not big on nuts (no wise cracks please) so I left them out.  Also, I baked mine in my dutch oven.  I try to bake all my cakes in it.  They do not rise as much they would in a cake pan but I have found that they are much more moist.  I'm not big on yogurt so I had it with a scoop of sherbet which is much better for you than ice cream but that's another blog post.

Until Next Time....
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the recipe....it's crazy how black beans can taste sooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete